- This mod consists of: (1) a memory card flashed with Free McBoot and (2) a PS2HDD accessory + a storage medium. I went with an SD card via a couple adapters linked below.
- There are 3rd party PS2HDDs with SATA ports rather than IDE. I haven't tested them but they may be a simpler option.
- There are many places to buy pre-flashed memory cards. I flashed my own with "ps3mca-tool." Adding games is not drag & drop; I use software called "winhiip."
- A couple 3.5-to-2.5" adapters from ebay gave me trouble with not all pins being connected. I had to open them up and solder connections.
- Be wary of microSD cards from ebay/etc. I've bought some very convincing fakes. Use "h2testw" to verify storage capacity after buying a card.